Polygon is known to offer a broad spectrum of features to Web3.0 developers. Whether it is security, scaling solution, speed, or affordability, Polygon has everything for you. Recently, Polygon announced its ZK-proof Identity Solution for its customers. Now customers would not go through the tiring procedure of the KYC (Know-Your-Customer) process.
In the new Polygon ID service, ZK-proof cryptography will be used to confirm a user’s identity without sharing any document such as a passport or driver’s license. The new ID service is still in the development phase and is expected to be launched in the third quarter of 2022.
Zero-knowledge proof has been in use by other privacy blockchains such as Monero and Zcash who are known for their privacy-maintaining services for their customers. Likewise, Polygon influences projects Iden3 and Circom ZK toolkit and uses them for its open-source protocols and tools.
“Polygon ID is private by default, offers on-chain verification and permissionless attestation. There is nothing in the digital identity space now that ticks all these boxes.”Polygon co-founder Mihailo Bjelic
Specifically, the process will be held on-chain along with cryptographic verification via ZK-proofs enabling the preservation of privacy with security. It can only be accomplished by ZK-proof Request Language which is a distinctive protocol for applications where a layer of secured attributes needs to be proved by the user. The technology uses complex deploying services requiring Circom 2.0, and a compiler for Circom programming language to execute the ID service. The zero-knowledge cryptography structure is known as ‘zkSNARKs circuits’.
Distinguished benefits of ZK-proof identity solution
- Polygon empowers its users to claim their fundamental right to privacy. The advanced system of privacy by Polygon runs on user-controlled devices.
- The anonymity of the user is engendered while no applications can make use of user profile information illegitimately.
- Polygon ID includes decentralized credit score analysis for financial and social payments on DeFi.
- Also, a wide range of on-chain verification systems including decentralized Sybil score, domain expertise for DAO, decision making, and governance model, and a few of the many products from Polygon ID.
- For Web3. 0 games, Polygon ID allows new construction of player reputation profile on any blockchain.
- Additionally, it provides a strong backbone to a variety of identity and trust services.
The organization is determined to give developers an exemplary platform to learn, test, and integrate dApps facilitating Polygon ID solutions for on-chain potency. According to the Polygon product roadmap, the following are the key products to be released soon:
- Polygon ID Wallet app
- ID Platform by Polygon
- Polygon ID Connect